All About The 2022 Chevy Camaro: Interior and Exterior
The Chevrolet Camaro is among the best known of the sporty, compact vehicles built with style in mind. The 2022 Camaro carries on the tradition into the new year both inside and out, with an aerodynamic body and a driver-oriented cab that present great looks and an excellent driving experience. With different trim levels, packages, and special editions to choose from, you may want some guidance when it comes to selecting the right one for you. We at Allen Turner Chevrolet in Crestview, Florida, have put together our Camaro expertise on this page to help you decide.
The 2022 Chevy Camaro’s exterior dimensions are 188.3 inches long, 74.7 inches wide, and 53.1 inches tall. It comes in eight possible trims, which are 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, LT1, 1SS, 2SS, and ZL1. All the trims are available in a two-door coupe body, with an optional sunroof. If a convertible is what you want, all but the basic trim, the 1LS, has the option of a power-folding soft top. In terms of color, you have six basic options and three premium ones:
- Red Hot.
- Satin Steel Metallic.
- Summit White.
- Shadow Gray Metallic.
- Riverside Blue Metallic.
- Vivid Orange Metallic (premium).
- Rapid Blue (premium).
- Wild Cherry Tintcoat (premium).
If you want accents or decals, there are several options. On the hood, you can choose from a single center stripe, rally stripes, or two broad stripes on either side. You can also choose to include hash marks on the fender, available in red, blue, white, or silver. With some limitations based on the trim you select, you can mix and match these body options to achieve a look that suits you.
The 2022 Chevy Camaro has 20-inch wheels, for which there are several options. The standard option provides five-spoke aluminum wheels painted silver. Additional options are:
- Five-split spoke, painted premium gray, machined-faced aluminum.
- Five-split spoke, painted bright silver, aluminum.
- Five-spoke, painted carbon flash, aluminum.
- Five-split spoke, polished forge, black star center cap.
- Black aluminum with red accents.
- Blade design, aluminum.
- Forged aluminum, painted satin graphite.
- SS five-split spoke, machined face.
- SS five-spoke, painted gloss black with a red outline stripe.
- SS five-split spoke, painted satin black.
In terms of interior space, the 2022 Chevy Camaro has 93 cubic feet of passenger volume, which is comparable to or better than similar cars on the market. This can seat a maximum of four people, including the driver, though with some compromise of comfort in the back. In the front, you can expect about 38.5 inches of headroom and 43.9 inches of legroom. For coupe models, the trunk offers about 9 cubic feet of cargo space. This is slightly diminished in the convertible models, which have about 7 cubic feet.
Proving that it’s about more than just style, the 2022 Chevy Camaro offers premium comfort with its seating options. Front bucket seats come standard, with eight-way power-adjustability for the driver in the basic model that extends to the passenger side starting with the 1LT. You may choose to upgrade to Recaro performance seats, which provide superior support and offer heating and cooling features.
In terms of color, you can choose between jet black, medium ash white, and ceramic white seat trims. Upgrade options around the seats include red-colored seatbelts, premium carpeted floor mats, all-weather floor mats, alloy foot pedals, illuminated footwells, and knee pads in various colors.
A large part of a comfortable driving experience stems from temperature control, and the Camaro has a couple of options in that area. The standard is a single-zone automatic climate control system, which cools or heats the in-cabin climate to the temperature you set with no further adjustments on your part. If you wish, you can upgrade to a dual-zone system that allows you to set different temperatures between the driver and passenger sides.
Regardless of which trim you choose, your Camaro comes with an in-dash touch screen. The standard touch screen measures 7 inches but can be upgraded to 8 inches. The system runs on Chevy’s Infotainment 3 software, which offers features for audio, navigation, Wi-Fi hotspots, voice recognition, and your phone. You can also access Apple CarPlay or Android Auto wirelessly. To round it out, the audio channels through a six-speaker stereo system, which you can upgrade to a seven- or nine-speaker Bose system.
The 2022 Chevy Camaro offers several options that help to ensure safe travel. You can choose to equip the vehicle with a rear-vision camera with parking assistance and an alert system that notifies you of rear cross-traffic. There are also alert systems that protect you during lane changes, including alerts for your blind spots and potential forward collisions. A test drive at Allen Turner Chevrolet can give you a first-hand look at how these features improve the driving experience.
If you’d like quick and easy options for designing your Camaro, you can choose from some preset appearance packages. Here are some basic design packages you can consider:
- Design package one: fender hash marks in black metallic, black Camaro logo fender badge, five-split spoke with black-colored star center cap, silver Camaro logo wheel center caps, and premium carpeted floor mats bearing the Camaro logo.
- Design package two: all the above features plus black suede knee pads, black fuel filler door with a visible carbon fiber insert, second-generation Carbon Flash Metallic ground effects, and a center stripe in silver, black, or black metallic.
- Design package three: black fuel filler door with a visible carbon fiber insert, second-generation Carbon Flash Metallic ground effects, hood stripe in satin black with a silver ice metallic hash mark, five-split spoke polished forged wheels with a black-colored star center cap, silver Camaro logo wheel center caps, black suede knee pads, premium carpeted floor mats bearing the Camaro log, and a black Camaro logo fender badge for LT and SS models.
Come check out the 2022 Chevrolet Camaro at Allen Turner Chevrolet in Crestview, Florida, for an in-person look at the vehicle and a test drive. You can also contact us with any questions you might have before your visit. We at Allen Turner are happy to provide you with our expert knowledge and get you driving in comfort and style.