2020 CHEVY SILVERADO 1500 TOWING
No matter if you’re on the jobsite or packing up for a weekend on the road, a reliable and durable truck can take your Walton Beach and Pensacola commute to the next level. That’s where the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity comes in handy as it offers a maximum limit of 13,400 pounds along with a payload capacity of 2,250 pounds. However, the immense strength of the Silverado is just the beginning as there are plenty of additional features under the hood to elevate your drive. Learn more about the 2020 Chevy Silverado towing capacity with the help of the automotive professionals at Allen Turner Chevrolet.
CHEVY SILVERADO TOWING CAPACITY BY ENGINEThe 2020 Chevy Silverado towing capacity can be experienced in several different ways as the Silverado lineup features 5 strong engine configurations to offer the precise performance you need to get the job done. Check out the engine options you can choose from below:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This base engine is standard, providing 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine produces 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,400 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque
CHEVY SILVERADO TOWING FEATURESTo ensure your model offers a seamless towing experience every time, the 2020 Chevy Silverado comes equipped with additional performance and towing features so that you can expect smooth handling and your materials get where they need to be securely. These are just some of the towing features you’ll have behind the wheel of this unique Chevy truck:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, and includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing