How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
If you’re looking to sell your vehicle in Pace, there are plenty of dealerships that would offer you top dollar for your vehicle either directly or through a buyback program. This can help you save big on your next vehicle purchase by putting your trade-in value towards a new vehicle. Learn more about how to sell a car at a dealership with the experts at Allen Turner Chevrolet. For more information, feel free to contact us anytime!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
There’s no need to stress when selling your vehicle to a Fort Walton Beach dealership. Let’s take a look at the process below:
- Properly Clean Your Car: Properly cleaning and washing your vehicle, such as detailing or waxing will help increase your vehicle’s value. Replacing small parts is also recommended.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Keeping a list of maintenance records and upgrades your vehicle has such as luggage racks can help you get more money from the dealership.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Ensuring you have your title can help save time at the dealership, and help make the entire process go much quicker.
- Value Your Trade: It’s important to know exactly how much your vehicle is worth to negotiate your offer. You can use our Value Your Trade tool, or refer to other trusted organizations such as Cars.com or Kelley Blue Book.
- Choose the Right Dealership: If your vehicle is only a couple of years old and has low mileage, you might be better off selling your car to a dealership such as Allen Turner Chevrolet. However, if your vehicle is older, you might have more luck at a used car dealership.
How To Trade-in Your Vehicle
Once you’ve made the proper preparations to your vehicle, here’s exactly what you can expect throughout the process:
- Schedule Your Appointment: We recommend scheduling your appointment prior to arriving at your Crestview dealership.This will allow the used car manager to get the proper paperwork together and save time.
- Used Car Manager: When you arrive at your dealership, you’ll likely meet with the used car manager. They are the ones that will take your information and any documents you have, and will also run the vehicle history report.
- Inspection & Appraisal: Next is the inspection and appraisal process. The service technicians or the used car manager may inspect the vehicle and provide you with an offer based on its mechanical and cosmetic condition.
- Accept or Negotiate the Offer: When the dealership provides you with an offer, you can either accept or negotiate depending on your previous research.
Why Sell Your Car to a Dealership?
There are many benefits to selling your car to a dealership. Let’s check out a few below:
- Less Time and Hassle: By selling your vehicle to a dealership, you can avoid having to list your vehicle, invite people over your home, and deal with the transaction process on your own.
- Save Money on New Car: When learning how to sell a car at a dealership, one of the main benefits is being able to put the trade-in value towards your new vehicle. This results in lower monthly payments.
- Reduced Taxes: Trading in your vehicle to a dealership means that you only have to pay the tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the value of your new vehicle.
Learn How To Sell a Car at a Dealership with Allen Turner Chevrolet
Now that you’re familiar with how selling your car to a dealership works, come see us at Allen Turner Chevrolet to learn more about the benefits of buying and selling your car at a dealership like Allen Turner Chevrolet! While you’re here, meet with our experienced auto finance experts to get the best rates around Niceville. You can even apply for financing online!
More from Allen Turner Chevrolet
With rugged exterior looks and a stylish, spacious interior, the 2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer packs plenty of functionality into a small SUV. Whether you’re running errands across town or hitting the highway on your next road trip, the Trailblazer can help you get there. Here’s a look at some of the top interior and exterior features…
Relaxing in the sun with your toes in the sand is the ideal situation for many adventurers. When visiting the Florida Panhandle, there are many beaches that offer beautiful scenery and embody both relaxation and fun. Here are five beaches to consider when visiting the gorgeous panhandle so you can spend more time adventuring and…
When you buy a 2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer in Crestview, Florida, you’ll be glad to know the vehicle provides drivers with advanced safety technology, a sleek design, and the ultimate comfort during any trip. Depending on the trim level, you can get an Ecotec 1.2-liter turbo engine with 137 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque or a slightly…