2022 Chevy Bolt EV and Bolt EUV Redesign
As Chevrolet’s first mass-produced and fully-electric passenger car, the Bolt EV caught everyone’s attention when it hit the market in 2017. This year’s model returns with a fresh redesign and upgraded features, making this compact EV a smart choice for eco-conscious drivers across Pace. This year also marks the introduction of the 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV, a larger “electric utility vehicle” with some unique offerings of its own. Learn more about the Bolt EV redesign and the all-new Bolt EUV below!
What’s New for the 2022 Chevy Bolt EV?
Thanks to premium appointments and additional soft-touch materials throughout the cabin, the Bolt offers a smoother ride than ever before. Updated design elements create a sense of calm — while reminding you of the cutting-edge technology under the hood:
- Updated front and rear design
- Sport-inspired steering wheel
- Seating for up to five passengers
One thing that hasn’t changed for the Bolt EV is its single electric motor and 65 kWh lithium-ion battery, a setup it shares with the Bolt EUV. This all-electric powertrain produces 200 hp and 266 pound-feet of torque, and Chevrolet estimates that you’ll be able to go as far as 259 miles on a single charge. If you’re like many Fort Walton Beach commuters, that means you may be able to go days between charges.
Introducing the 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
While the Chevy Bolt EUV is about 6 inches longer and features a wider wheelbase, it’s far more than a bigger version of the Bolt EV. Here are a few key ways in which the Bolt EUV differs from the Bolt EV:
- Longer Wheelbase – While the two are stylistically similar, the Bolt EUV and Bolt EV don’t share any exterior panels. The Bolt EUV wheelbase is 2.9 inches longer, and the vehicle itself 6.3 inches longer than the Bolt EV. As a result, the Bolt EUV cabin offers more rear legroom and a noticeably large backseat for its class.
- Under-Floor Cargo Area – While the Bolt EUV technically has less cargo volume than the Bolt EV, (16.3 cubic feet behind the second row and 56.9 cubic feet with it folded down, compared to 16.6/57.0 inches, respectively for the EV) it offers an under-floor bin that isn’t factored into the cargo measurements. Removing the cover opens up another 8-9 inches of storage space for taller items.
- One-Pedal Driving – A small button near the shifter activates one-pedal driving, which allows you to bring the Bolt to a full stop without using the brake pedal. A small paddle shifter provides added stopping power when you need it.
Reserve a 2022 Chevy Bolt at Allen Turner Chevrolet Today!
Ready to find out how a Chevy Bolt EUV or EV can revolutionize your daily drives in Niceville? The team at Allen Turner Chevrolet is happy to tell you more about the benefits of electric vehicles when you stop by our dealership in Crestview! Browse our new Bolt EV inventory online, or contact us to reserve your 2022 Chevy Bolt today.
More from Allen Turner Chevrolet
If you’re considering a light-duty pickup truck, you might be wondering about the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity. Properly equipped, this model can tow up to 13,300 pounds and has a payload capacity of 2,280 pounds. The new Chevy Silverado features a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, as well as advanced towing features, to…
If you’re looking for a muscle car with classic looks and legendary performance, it’s hard to beat the Chevy Camaro. For 2022, there are eight Camaro trims, each offering a unique selection of features to take your Pace drives to the next level. Below, we’ll take a closer look at the engines, interior amenities, and…
As Chevrolet’s first mass-produced and fully-electric passenger car, the Bolt EV caught everyone’s attention when it hit the market in 2017. This year’s model returns with a fresh redesign and upgraded features, making this compact EV a smart choice for eco-conscious drivers across Pace. This year also marks the introduction of the 2022 Chevy Bolt…